Friday, January 9, 2015

Wiggins is "useless"

In 2013 I was accused of calling Murray Wiggins, the now chief director of NZ Bridge "useless". I unequivocally claim I did not utter any words that anyone with the listening comprehension of an average five-year old or better would interpret as such. Wiggins claim that I called him "useless" was uncorroborated. He and NZ Bridge could find no one willing to back up what he said. Another director Alan Joseph who was present did not corroborate his story. Three other players present did not corroborate his story. One, the only one I talked with has no recollection of those comments. Nor of his claim that he asked me to apologise for the same fictitious comment. Nevertheless the disciplinary committee of Kris Wooles, Judith Medlicott, Alan Dormer and Graeme Stout chose to believe Wiggins version of events over mine because I just remembered that I had been "kicked out" on the day of the hearing three months after the event so my memory must have been poor. The problem is those committee members fabricated that I had just remembered that I had been "kicked out". One or more of them simply made up that evidence and convinced at least a majority of the others. How do I know this was made up? Because I went to the hearing with multiple bound documents that I had written for my defence some of which included statements that I had been "kicked out". It was a cornerstone of my defence. A premeditated cornerstone not one I dreamt up or recalled suddenly on the day. I haven't gone back to count as I write this but one of the documents, which hadn't been edited for weeks before the hearing repeated that I had been "kicked out" of the order of twenty times. This was an incompetent fabrication from a committee who had predetermined to rule against me and not listen to the facts and arguments. Wooles, the chairman stated at the hearing that the fact was where there was smoke there was fire - an unashamed thinly veiled admission that he was predisposed to rule "fire" because the officials had created "smoke" and I was the arsonist. Many people have talked to me about these incidents. Two well respected international players when I said that Wiggins had claimed I called him "useless" responded with almost identical reactions to the affect - well that is true. I didn't call Murray Wiggins useless in 2013 but it 2015 it is opinion that he is a "useless" director. I have had different experiences with Wiggins and his predecessor Arie Geursen, who I have caught out in multiple lies, but in my opinion the one thing these two directors have in common is their incompetence.

No comments: